Thursday, August 23, 2012

"I Was Here"

On World Humanitarian Day, August 19th,  Beyonce and the United Nations teamed up to spread the message of "I Was Here".  This a song that is on her latest album "4".  The song is about making your mark in the world and in someone else's life before you leave this life.  She taped a beautiful music video set in the UN General Assembly room. I have had the pleasure of taking a tour of the UN and being in this room.  It is a neat place to see knowing that decisions are made, that have affected the well being of our lives, in that room.  So I am writing this post to help you stop and think about how you are or how you could make an impact in someone else's life.

"I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time, know there was something that I left behind.  When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets, leave something to remember..."

 As you go throughout your day really start to think about how your actions are affecting the world around you.  One of the greatest gifts we can give to ourselves is to be in the service of others.  Helping someone else gives a inner joy that is hard to match.  I know you all can think of some time that you helped someone else, big or small, and the satisfaction you felt for doing it just for the sake of being kind.  Don't regret any decision that you made to help someone even if they didn't return the favor.  Know that you did it expecting no return and just because it was right.

"I want to say I've lived each day until I die.  And know that I meant something in somebody's life.  The hearts that I touched will be the proof that I leave that I made a difference and this world will see..."

Live each day as if it will be your last.  No one is guaranteed time.  Tell those you love that you love them on a regular basis.  Act silly and laugh as often as you can without embarrassment.  Make it a challenge to yourself to do at least one kind thing for someone else every day.  Do that thing you have always wanted to do, even if you are afraid.  As the title of this blog states, Live YOUR Life!  Don't worry about other's opinions or perceptions just do what you want to do and what makes you happy.  When I went to see Cher in concert she shared this little bit of wisdom, "Don't sit around thinking should I or should I not do it, just DO IT.  You can always look back and say, 'I shouldn't have done that!'".  

"I just want them to know that I gave my all, did my best, brought someone some happiness. I left this world a little better because I was here.  I lived, I loved. I did, I've done everything that I wanted and it was more than I thought it would be...I was here."

Head over to http://www.whd-iwashere.org/ to learn more about World Humanitarian Day, see Beyonce's performance of this song, and suggestions for things you can do to help the world around you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As always I appreciate everyone's time to read this blog.  Please help our readership grow by sharing this on your Facebook or other social media networks.  Leave comments and LIKE the Facebook page.  Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment