Monday, August 13, 2012

After the storm...the spiritual path begins




I am not a huge religious person, mostly because I was not brought up that way and just never really felt that there was one I related to.  I do consider myself a Buddhist over anything else.  However, without getting too deep into it, I do believe that religions all preach the same core beliefs of love, compassion, humility, and living a fulfilling life.  Sadly religion is also one of the most misinterpreted and conflict causing issues on earth.  With that being said, becoming more spiritual is often confused with being religious.  When in fact it is not the same.  Discovering your own spirituality is about becoming more aware and deliberate about connecting with your thoughts, way of life, and the way you perceive the world around you.  A person, including myself, is usually triggered to take this new path in life through a hard fall or fail.

"The spiritual path wrecks the body and afterwards restores it to health.  It destroys the house to unearth the treasure and with that treasure builds it better than before." - A Rumi Observation

A year ago I was coming out of a long term relationship and was a little lost and not sure who I really was. I had repressed it for a while and became a bitter angry person, especially in my relationship.  However once the relationship ended I felt it was time to embark on a new chapter in my life and write a new story.  This hard fall was my "house" being unearthed, leaving space for the treasure to present itself.  I have mentioned many times my love for Oprah's Lifeclass show and will state again that it is a must-see.  New episodes are showing right now on OWN.  Watch one and you will be hooked.  As this show came to me I started to feel a yearning inside to do and learn more about ME and life in general.  This was my treasure...a better self appreciation and spiritually full life.  Through the months books, shows, readings, blogs, quotes, and people came into my life all with the same underlying concepts of living a better life.  My path had been wrecked but my health was being restored.  I will post a blog soon with the specific details of my trip to see Lifeclass live in person.  But that was such a huge turning point and a time when I said "wow look what has manifested and come into my life!"  I would not have had many of the awakenings, 'ah-ha moments', new friendships and experiences had my life not fallen out from under me last year.  If you look at any famous or noteworthy person/accomplishment, it is almost always proceeded by a big flop or disappointment.  As mentioned before the amazing quote by Bishop T.D. Jakes proclaims, "The greater the digression the greater the progression."

"Dormant forces, faculties, and talents come alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you every dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali, Hindu Philosopher

You will be amazed, as I have been, what things come out of this new awareness.  I have discovered so much about myself and know I am just getting started.  I realized how great life and myself already are and how much greater it can get.  Wayne Dyer states that, "when we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change."  That sums it up.  Life is as you perceive it and by changing the way you look at things and your personal beliefs about the world around you, the world around you changes to match it via the law of attraction.  Life is here for the taking and has no choice but to give you back what you give it!  I wish all of you well on your spiritual path and hope you continue to travel it through this blog and to share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment